Thread: cd/dvd drive compatibility

Beans

cd/dvd drive compatibility

First off, I want to say my System76 Gazelle Professional has been a real disappointment! It's 3 weeks old and the WiFi is failing, and the cd/dvd hasn't been able to recognize it has a disc in it 98% of the time.

Anyhow, I guess I have to buy a new one. . . The warranty is stupid, I don't want to talk about it.

What do people recommend for a good cd/dvd (maybe blu-ray) drive?

please provide a few details as to drivers etc.

Beans

Re: cd/dvd drive compatibility

I will not be ordering a new drive. Much to my suprise I called System76, again, and because I am less then the 30 day return policy, they can simply add the $23.00 Canadian Warranty Shipping Coverage.

In turn, I get my parts mailed out to me, and the old ones shipped back at "no extra cost"

Too bad the over site on the age of the laptop put such a bad taste in my mouth regarding System76, but the tides have changed. I am easily pleased.

So far, other then these 2 issues, the computer has been pretty good, and I am comparing it to my (3x more expensive) Mac products, which are going the way of the dodo bird in my house.

Beans

Re: cd/dvd drive compatibility

The Shipping coverage magically went up to $35.00 just before they added it for me