Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Swap usage not available in System monitor

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Swap usage not available in System monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    BTW, while I was resizing and moving partitions with Gparted the other day it was almost as slow as windows defragmenting, which is slooooooooooow!
    I defrag winders machines (dual booters) with Auslogics Disk Defrag -- been using it for years:

It actually moves along fairly fast.
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    I defrag winders machines (dual booters) with Auslogics Disk Defrag -- been using it for years:It actually moves along fairly fast.
    They are both rated about the same. I have used defraggler for a few years. It is made by Piriform.
    Do you also use CCleaner (made by Piriform too) to clean cache, cookies, temp files and many other stuff too numerous to name here.
    I used to hate how the program list in Windows is just random and not in alphabetical order but, on CCleaner there is an option to sort the program list.
    There is also a good registry cleaner that finds obsolete entries and will delete them if you give it the OK.
    I have looked at friends windows computers that were slow and found like 5,000 or more invalid/obsolute registry entries.
    Cleaned them up and the other stuff and they were very thankful.
    As a matter of fact I have seen brand new computers with that many invalid/obsolute registry entries.
    I run CCleaner daily on any one's profile that is/has been logged on.

It used to be called crap cleaner and they changed it to CCleaner. Works like nobody's bizness!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

This thread is starting to drift off course, even though it's marked as solved can we please keep it on topic.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    You really don't need a different swap partition for every different install. I use the manual partition option, and the swap partition is always detected even if it's own a different hard drive.
    This was great advice cariboo907! I have one 1GB swap file now and it's still unused but, that makes installations easier and fstab doesn't pull in 4 swap UUIDs any more.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123