Thread: Presentation Console not working on Impress

Beans

Presentation Console not working on Impress

Hi there. Just wondering if anyone could help me out here. I have just installed the libreoffice-presenter-console (version 1.1.1) from the Ubuntu software centre (12.04 LTS). I am using LibreOffice version 3.6.2. I can see that this extension is present and recognised in the Extension Manager, but it is not working at all. I have also rebooted the machine after installing.

I have set up the second monitor without any mirroring and the actual slide show is showing fine on it, however, I can only see the main workspace of Impress on the laptop monitor... and no console! Of note, when I change the multiple monitor settings in the Slideshow-Settings, I can get the slideshow to appear on monitors 1 or 2, but when I select All Displays, it only shows on monitor 1 (the laptop) so there is definitely a bug somewhere.

If anyone could help me out, I would be very grateful.

Tim

Beans

Re: Presentation Console not working on Impress

I always do this... put a thread on the forum and then figure it out!

All I did was purge libreoffice-core from my system and then install the latest version using the deb package from the Document Foundation's websites. This came with a multitude of extensions, including the console, and it looks great. Way better than PowerPoint!