Thread: Does 12.10 detect SD card in Macbook Pro Retina?

Beans

Question Does 12.10 detect SD card in Macbook Pro Retina?

Hey Guys

Before I jump in to the tedious installation and fixing process of Ubuntu on MBPr.. Wondering, does Ubuntu recognize the MBPr SD Card Slot?

The basic issue is.. That I want sometimes format SD card in Mac to say ext4 or other formats.. Now disk utility does not allow that

I have Parallels 8, but installing Ubuntu on that, Parallels does not detect SD card slot as a mount..

So I thought (among other usage) to install Ubuntu as dual boot and then I can easily use Ubuntu and use gparted for formatting purposes.. Also being the MBPr, it does not have a DVD Drive (and I don't have external) to boot of a gparted Boot DVD..

I tried using Ubuntu Live on a USB and inserted a SD card but it didn't show it.. I guess

1) It does not work OR
    2) Need to install something for it to work?

Beans

Re: Does 12.10 detect SD card in Macbook Pro Retina?

I have 12.10 installed with the latest kernel and it doesn't recognise media inserted in the SD card slot.

Gav.

Beans

Re: Does 12.10 detect SD card in Macbook Pro Retina?

It looks like that Apple port SD via PCI interface instead of USB in rMBP. Therefore, you need to wait to see if there is a solution for this in the mean time.