Thread: FN keys ~ Some work some don't

Beans

FN keys ~ Some work some don't

Hey there!!

I recently switched from Ubuntu 12.04 to Kubuntu 12.04 - In doing so, some of my fn keys fail to work and some partially do.

The wireless keys work even though there is no notification, and the light that should switch on doesn't.
    The touch pad activate/deactivate key doesn't work at all.
    Neither does the screen brightness.

It all worked fine in Ubuntu 12.04
    Is there any reason why it shouldn't with Kubuntu? as I plan on staying with this version, it's just a bit annoying.

My netbook is an Acer Aspire One D270 and it says in the system settings - keyboard - Keyboard model: Generic | Generic 101 - key PC (No idea what this means), I have a spanish keyboard by the way.

Thank you

K.m
    - In the Service of General Cuckoo -

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: FN keys ~ Some work some don't

The special keys are so different, it is not possible to make all versions and flavours of linux work with all computers. If you are happy with Kubuntu, try this link to install touchpad-indicator

http://www.webupd8.org/2011/02/touchpad-indicator-now-automatically.html

I use it on an IBM Thinkpad, and it works well, after you have tweaked the settings (using a GUI).

Beans

Re: FN keys ~ Some work some don't

Quote Originally Posted by sudodus View Post
    The special keys are so different, it is not possible to make all versions and flavours of linux work with all computers. If you are happy with Kubuntu, try this link to install touchpad-indicator

http://www.webupd8.org/2011/02/touchpad-indicator-now-automatically.html

I use it on an IBM Thinkpad, and it works well, after you have tweaked the settings (using a GUI).

Great, that should do the trick thanks. Figured out the wireless too, had to install hardware. Still learning my way around KDE.
    - In the Service of General Cuckoo -