Thread: Sort multi-disc albums by disc number in Banshee

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Sort multi-disc albums by disc number in Banshee

I have just one album stored in my Banshee library that is multi-disc, but I would like it to play in order if possible.

For some reason, Banshee puts disc 1 at the end and no matter how I change the sorting options, I can't get it to appear first.

Its probably something really simple, but any help to get it fixed would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Beans

Re: Sort multi-disc albums by disc number in Banshee

Quote Originally Posted by shadow of the locust View Post
    I have just one album stored in my Banshee library that is multi-disc, but I would like it to play in order if possible.

For some reason, Banshee puts disc 1 at the end and no matter how I change the sorting options, I can't get it to appear first.

Its probably something really simple, but any help to get it fixed would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Select all the tracks of each album and go in the "Edit Track Information" (right mouse button).
    Try to specify the Disc Number in the track information (to copy it to all selected tracks just click on the button with the two sheets)

An alternative way is to add the tracks to a Playlist or to a Play Queue in the order you prefer

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Thanks for your reply.

The problem is that I've already manually allocated a disc number for each disc, but the order is still wrong. No idea how to fix it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by shadow of the locust View Post
    The problem is that I've already manually allocated a disc number for each disc, but the order is still wrong. No idea how to fix it.
    Did you ever solve this problem? It's happening for me too.

Beans

I had the same issue. Here's what I discovered eventually: I've activated "sort artist's albums by date" in music settings, and it seems the dates of some multi-disc albums weren't formatted identically, thus screwing up the order of individual discs.

When I selected the entire multi-disc album and set the date of every track to an exactly identical string, e.g. "1979", discs got sorted correctly.