Thread: Ubuntu server 2012 x64 istallation can't read hard drive on dell poweredge 1900

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Ubuntu server 2012 x64 istallation can't read hard drive on dell poweredge 1900

Hello...
    Am trying to install ubuntu server 2012 x64 on dell poweredge 1900, the installation process went fine untill the partioning part where it can't be able to recognize the hard drives all i can get is
    iSCSI login and
    undo partioning
    finish and write changes to disk
    help plz...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Ubuntu server 2012 x64 istallation can't read hard drive on dell poweredge 1900

I assume the drives are to be wiped clean so you are performing a fresh installation. Boot into the RAID BIOS. There should be an option to wipe the drive--one at a time. Now try the installation.
    -------------------------------------
    Oooh Shiny: PopularPages

Unumquodque potest reparantur. Patientia sit virtus.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Ubuntu server 2012 x64 istallation can't read hard drive on dell poweredge 1900

Quote Originally Posted by tgalati4 View Post
    I assume the drives are to be wiped clean so you are performing a fresh installation. Boot into the RAID BIOS. There should be an option to wipe the drive--one at a time. Now try the installation.
    thanx for replay
    actually there are win server 2000 already installed, but who want that crap... Yes i need to wipe the drive
    i well try that and post back

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Don't forget to go to the Dell website and burn a bootable CD with the latest BIOS and RAID BIOS and flash your machine. It will make the machine run better and make installation easier.
    -------------------------------------
    Oooh Shiny: PopularPages

Unumquodque potest reparantur. Patientia sit virtus.