Thread: Ubuntu 12.04: Add a Panel

Beans

Ubuntu 12.04: Add a Panel

I've been trying to figure out how to add more panels to my ubuntu 12.04 lately and I can't seem to find an option for it anywhere. Nor have I been able to find anyone who's done so that's shared the code. Instead I keep running into Unity discussions which doesn't cover anything I want. Is there anyway to add a gnome panel while running Unity or is this not supported?
    Careless acts have caused a scar, it won't be the last of many, some of which may never heal.

Linux makes for simply the best O/S.

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 12.04: Add a Panel

Not really, why do you need the extra panel for though, the launcher and the top bar can do most of what the old gnome panel could do.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

AFAIK we cannot add additional 'panels' to Unity Desktop. However you can install 'Docky' to create additional 'Docky' Launcher and panel... there are other alternatives as well to Docky.
    "Evolution is Nature's way of issuing upgrades."

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by fantab View Post
    AFAIK we cannot add additional 'panels' to Unity Desktop. However you can install 'Docky' to create additional 'Docky' Launcher and panel... there are other alternatives as well to Docky.
    Not really interested in another launcher or anything, I kinda like the Unity launcher though it did take some getting use to. Was more interested in the extra panel so I didn't have to scroll through the unity launcher. Guess it's not possible though, thanks for taking the time to let me know.
    Careless acts have caused a scar, it won't be the last of many, some of which may never heal.

Linux makes for simply the best O/S.