Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ubuntu 12.04 64 running mega slow

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 12.04 64 running mega slow

I think i also need to and re write the wifi driver like i did with 12.04 im only geting 2mbps download when every other pc and phone in the house is geting 30mbps plus.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Please provide the output of the following commands:

lspci

lsmod

Also - Are the CPU cores underclocked by the bios?

Beans

SOLVED IT

12.10 is now installed and running fine I made some changers to the bios which included disabling "cool and quiet" this kills the cpu power to keep the fan quiet. the bios had also under clocked by -12% power. Just wish I could get turbo key to work in ubuntu, this is a tool provided by asus for widows that when you tap the power button it instantly overclocks the cpu to +12% without needing a reboot and turns off with a second tap.

Beans

Hi. I have a similar problem with my Ubuntu 12.04. When I installed it on my HP ProBook 4525s it worked just fine - fast and without any complains, even with Cairo-Dock panel, that could take some memory.
    But after a year system stared slowing down. I always install updates and clean it up with BleachBit and Ubuntu Tweak. Sometimes I just boot in and without any program running system load is around 100%
    What can take the memory?

My pc params:
    AMD Athlon(tm) II P360 Dual-Core Processor 2.3 GHz
    RAM 2.7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12