Thread: EeePC 1000 Updgrades and Extras For Sale

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

EeePC 1000 with Updgrades and Extras For Sale

EeePC 1000 Excellent condition. Should not be parted out but rather replace a lesser system. Includes:

64 GB Runcore SSD Upgrade installed
    OEM SSD
    RAM Upgrade installed
    OEM RAM
    Car Charger Cord
    OEM Battery Cord (90° angle) recently replaced, ASUS brand.
    Extra Battery Cord (straight) Not ASUS brand.
    Neoprene Case
    Original Keyboard
    Original Battery
    OEM CDs, User Manual

Asking $150 USD or best offer plus actual shipping. Paypal Accepted. Will post pictures if necessary. Mods include only mfgr intended upgrades; case has never been opened.
    Last edited by Tiler; January 8th, 2013 at 06:43 PM.
    ASUS U24E

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: EeePC 1000 with Updgrades and Extras For Sale

Is this a desktop? If so, i may want it. I have a desktop that is very old and out of date (win 98) barely runs ubuntu 12.04.1 32 bit. (btw zorin os 6.1 lite is terrible. Couldnt figure out how to do any wine installation, therefore couldnt use the programs i wanted. So, its useless without internet) i have no way of paying. I am willing to trade high end expensive laptop parts for it, but only if it is a desktop. If not then i will not be able to trade or give any kind of payment.

Beans
    Distro

Re: EeePC 1000 with Updgrades and Extras For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by gerrman97 View Post
    Is this a desktop? If so, i may want it. I have a desktop that is very old and out of date (win 98) barely runs ubuntu 12.04.1 32 bit. (btw zorin os 6.1 lite is terrible. Couldnt figure out how to do any wine installation, therefore couldnt use the programs i wanted. So, its useless without internet) i have no way of paying. I am willing to trade high end expensive laptop parts for it, but only if it is a desktop. If not then i will not be able to trade or give any kind of payment.
    It is not a desktop. It's a 10" Netbook with the Intel Atom N270 / 1.6 GHz processor. Full Specs from Cnet. Thanks for your interest.
    ASUS U24E

Beans

Re: EeePC 1000 Updgrades and Extras For Sale

Can i see a picture? And how much ram exactly? 4gb?
    Last edited by tahdas; January 21st, 2013 at 10:09 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Exclamation Re: EeePC 1000 Updgrades and Extras For Sale

It shipped with 1GB RAM and I upgraded it to 2GB. I am including the OEM RAM with the sale.
    It also shipped with 40GB SSD (8GB + 32GB)and I have upgraded that to 72GB. I am including the original 32GB SSD with the sale. The 8GB SSD was not intended to be upgraded and contains the OS. I have 10.04 freshly installed.

It has only a couple, very small superficial scratches on the cover. Asking $150USD.

Click the images for larger viewing.

ASUS U24E

Beans

I'm interested. Can it be upgraded to 3 or 4GB RAM? Does it play games well? Or does playing games make it really slow?
    Last edited by tahdas; January 22nd, 2013 at 04:15 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by tahdas View Post
    I'm interested. Can it be upgraded to 3 or 4GB RAM? Does it play games well? Or does playing games make it really slow?
    This netbook is not for heavy lifting. Read up about the Atom processors. The RAM is maxed out at 2GB. It does a good job on surfing and general net use. I've even had Gimp installed and done light photo editing but this is not a gaming netbook. Think Firefox, Skype and Coding. I'm not a gamer; a few games will run well on it but I couldn't tell you which ones.

ASUS EeePC Website
    ASUS U24E

Beans
    Distro

Thanks for your interest everyone. The laptop has sold.

ASUS U24E