Thread: Building NUX from Source (to Build Unity from Source)

Beans

Building NUX from Source (to Build Unity from Source)

In attempts to build Unity on 12.04 as described here ( http://unity.ubuntu.com/getinvolved/development/unity/ ), I've run into a few issues.

Namely, when building NUX from source with the supplied instructions, I get the following error:

Code:
    ./GraphicsDisplayX11.h:88:5: error: 'shared_ptr' in namespace 'std' does not name a type
    It seems that the compiler is not recognizing the shared_ptr type. After a quick glance through the NUX makefile, I found this line:

Code:
    GCC_FLAGS = -g -O0 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -std=c++0x
    So, theoretically, with the -std=c++0x flag set properly, everything should be working fine. I'm completely baffled.

Has anyone else seen this and found a fix?

Beans

Re: Building NUX from Source (to Build Unity from Source)

Quote Originally Posted by davidkrauser View Post
    In attempts to build Unity on 12.04
    ..... found a fix?
    if your aim is unity trunk then do on a 12.10 or even better a 13.04 dev install
    (newer req. compiz(dev), bamf, libX11*, ect.

Beans

I may give that a try. The instructions specify Precise Pangolin, but they may just be out of date.

Beans

Question Re: Building NUX from Source (to Build Unity from Source)

I upgraded to the 13.04 daily build, and was able to get NUX compilation working.

Still no luck building Unity, though. I'm still following the official instructions here: http://unity.ubuntu.com/getinvolved/development/unity/

It seems odd to me to pull both the trunk for both Unity and NUX as instructed. Right now the unity build fails because the NUX api is different than expected:

Code:
    /home/davidkrauser/Workspace/unity/trunk/dash/DashController.cpp: In constructor ‘unity::dash::Controller::Controller(const WindowCreator&)’:
    /home/davidkrauser/Workspace/unity/trunk/dash/DashController.cpp:71:26: error: no matching function for call to ‘nux::animation::AnimateValue<double>::AnimateValue(int)’
    /home/davidkrauser/Workspace/unity/trunk/dash/DashController.cpp:71:26: note: candidates are:
    In file included from /usr/include/Nux-4.0/NuxCore/Animation.h:114:0,
                     from /home/davidkrauser/Workspace/unity/trunk/dash/DashController.h:27,
                     from /home/davidkrauser/Workspace/unity/trunk/dash/DashController.cpp:20:
    /usr/include/Nux-4.0/NuxCore/Animation-inl.h:41:1: note: nux::animation::AnimateValue<VALUE_TYPE>::AnimateValue(const VALUE_TYPE&, const VALUE_TYPE&, int) [with VALUE_TYPE = double]
    /usr/include/Nux-4.0/NuxCore/Animation-inl.h:41:1: note:   candidate expects 3 arguments, 1 provided
    /usr/include/Nux-4.0/NuxCore/Animation-inl.h:31:1: note: nux::animation::AnimateValue<VALUE_TYPE>::AnimateValue() [with VALUE_TYPE = double]
    /usr/include/Nux-4.0/NuxCore/Animation-inl.h:31:1: note:   candidate expects 0 arguments, 1 provided
    make[2]: *** [dash/CMakeFiles/dash-lib.dir/DashController.cpp.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [dash/CMakeFiles/dash-lib.dir/all] Error 2
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    Anyone know of a workaround for this?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by davidkrauser View Post
    It seems odd to me to pull both the trunk for both Unity and NUX as instructed. Right now the unity build fails because the NUX api is different than expected:

Anyone know of a workaround for this?
    You were maybe 1/2 a day off or so. Nux comes first, sometimes Unity has to catch up.
    Atm tonight both bzr are at current releases, 4.0.0daily13.01.11 & 6.12.0daily13.01.11.2, so they'd certainly work together
    (- really what you'd now have in an updated 13.04 install with proposed repo so you could just apt-get or bzr the unity source & do whatever you had in mind.

Actually just re-built unity here tonight, wanted to change up ExpoLaunchericon.cpp to suit a 1X4 workspace setup.