Thread: touchpad sometimes doesn't function properly

Beans

touchpad sometimes doesn't function properly

I have a lemur3 and every now and then after boot, the touchpad doesn't correctly function. 2 finger scrolling does not work, and the acceleration and sensitivity are all wonky. If I go to mouse and touchpad settings, only the tab for Mouse is visible, whereas normally there are tabs for both mouse and touchpad.

This maybe occurs 1 out of 5-10 times when booting the laptop. Is there a simple fix to correct this problem without rebooting? The only thing I know to do is to just restart the laptop.

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: touchpad sometimes doesn't function properly

Quote Originally Posted by voicesinthefan View Post
    I have a lemur3 and every now and then after boot, the touchpad doesn't correctly function. 2 finger scrolling does not work, and the acceleration and sensitivity are all wonky. If I go to mouse and touchpad settings, only the tab for Mouse is visible, whereas normally there are tabs for both mouse and touchpad.

This maybe occurs 1 out of 5-10 times when booting the laptop. Is there a simple fix to correct this problem without rebooting? The only thing I know to do is to just restart the laptop.

Thanks!
    You can try toggling the trackpad by pressing Fn+F1, waiting a moment, then pressing them again.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!