Thread: Bible-based Games?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Bible-based Games?

Anyone know of any good Bible based games? I have a couple Sunday school kids that just received old laptops as hand me downs that need a reload. I'm thinking about helping them with tossing on UbuntuCE, but was looking for more kid stuff. I know there are distros like Qimo and DouDou that are designed for kids and their education, but are there any real apps to help with Bible education for little ones that could be added to a fresh UCE install?

There were a few games that I found a while back, but most were text based, and the ones with graphics, well, might have been better off without them. :-/

Beans

Re: Bible-based Games?

Hi TRPrecht,
    I couldn't find much on offer for Linux. I guess the question would be whether games like Catechumen would work under Wine. It looks like it's based on the same engine as 'Heretic' which I played quite a few years ago. I guess it depends on the age of the kids that you have in mind. If they're around 8 or so, then maybe one of the platformers would fit better(Noah's ark). I couldn't find much open source material.
    I look forward to seeing what will be suggested.
    http://methane.sourceforge.net looks quite good, but has no Christian theme.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

The C4C Lubuntu ReSpin features 137 Bible games. The customized Christian distro is based on Lubuntu 12.10 and is installable via USB in case those laptops don't have a DVD drive.
    "Freely you have received, freely give" Matthew 10:8

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Thanks, I will look into that!