Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Remastersys 3.0.4-1 for Ubuntu precise(12.04) and quantal(12.10) released

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Remastersys 3.0.4-1 for Ubuntu precise(12.04) and quantal(12.10) released

I hope this is a joke. Remastersys has always been my first choice of clone/backup software.

The download links are 404'ed and I've had to use
    remastersys_3.0.3-1_all.deb
    remastersys-gui_3.0.3-1_amd64.deb

from a copy of 12.10. I'll see how this goes..

Does anyone know where I can get remastersys 3.0.4-2?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Edit: download links in post 20.
    Last edited by Gavin77; April 29th, 2013 at 10:25 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

3.0.4-2 has been out for many months now. Yes this is the end of the road. I have also stopped development help of another project that actually has the website so it isn't right for me to continue using the space without giving something back and I do not have the funds to host it myself nor the desire.

I got tired of arguing over things that, in the end, really mean nothing. This all started out as a fun hobby and stopped being fun when folks started demanding things and weren't willing to do anything about it.

Lately, all this has provided me is stress and frustration at the lack of appreciation of my time and experience. It was never accepted upstream either by ubuntu or debian and I received lots of negative comments about it so it was time for me to leave all of that behind.

There are other alternatives and in fact quite a few forks of it so you just have to search for them.

A select few folks will be receiving my final packages that work perfectly with Debian Wheezy and Ubuntu up to 13.04 but I won't be offering them up for anyone else. What they do with them is of no concern to me other than the fact that they need to change the name if they want to continue it and provide it to folks.

I apologize to all the good folks I have met over the years but the number of those compared to the ones that just provided frustration meant it was a very negative experience lately and I have no desire to continue down this road.

I freely offered it up for almost 7 years with very little return on what I invested it in it over the years so I cut my losses and and putting it all behind me.

Those that run projects for anything longer than 3 years understand where I am coming from. Those that don't and think I owe them or anyone else anything are the reason I have stopped.

Time for me to concentrate on family and my career - the 2 things that are positive in my life and actually provide me with joy.

Beans

Talking Re: Remastersys 3.0.4-1 for Ubuntu precise(12.04) and quantal(12.10) released

Fragadelic,

I registered to thank you for the work you have done with remastersys.

As a newcomer to Linux, it has been great. Very useful to help introduce family and friends to linux also.

I have been using it on 12.10. Now I have installed Ubuntu 13.04 amd64, I hope someone can keep up the development.

Best of luck and happiness for the future.
    Last edited by SIW2; April 28th, 2013 at 11:49 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Hello, Fragadelic.

We are not entitled to question your decision to stop developing Remastersys. It is your life. You decide. If Remastersys development has turnt into a pure burden, it is certainly time to stop developing it.
    I do wonder, however, whether the software packages might not have survived a few more months on your sourceforge space without causing any costs or hassle. - Anyway, too late, they are gone.

Remastersys helped me migrate a fully configured Ubuntu system to a new machine twice thus sparing me the time of performing a new installation from the scratch twice. So I will be missing it sooner or later.

Kind regards,
    Karl
    "I killed her in pure self-defense", said the bear after crushing the mouse. "She threatened my life."
    War (What is it good for)

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

It looks like this will be the fork that I authorize - http://system-imaging.blogspot.ca/

I am in the process of handing everything over to them.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Fragadelic View Post
    3.0.4-2 has been out for many months now. Yes this is the end of the road. I have also stopped development help of another project that actually has the website so it isn't right for me to continue using the space without giving something back and I do not have the funds to host it myself nor the desire.

I got tired of arguing over things that, in the end, really mean nothing. This all started out as a fun hobby and stopped being fun when folks started demanding things and weren't willing to do anything about it.

Lately, all this has provided me is stress and frustration at the lack of appreciation of my time and experience. It was never accepted upstream either by ubuntu or debian and I received lots of negative comments about it so it was time for me to leave all of that behind.

There are other alternatives and in fact quite a few forks of it so you just have to search for them.

A select few folks will be receiving my final packages that work perfectly with Debian Wheezy and Ubuntu up to 13.04 but I won't be offering them up for anyone else. What they do with them is of no concern to me other than the fact that they need to change the name if they want to continue it and provide it to folks.

I apologize to all the good folks I have met over the years but the number of those compared to the ones that just provided frustration meant it was a very negative experience lately and I have no desire to continue down this road.

I freely offered it up for almost 7 years with very little return on what I invested it in it over the years so I cut my losses and and putting it all behind me.

Those that run projects for anything longer than 3 years understand where I am coming from. Those that don't and think I owe them or anyone else anything are the reason I have stopped.

Time for me to concentrate on family and my career - the 2 things that are positive in my life and actually provide me with joy.
    I am relatively new to Linux and Remastersys. I know that from a new comer this might not mean much to you, but I'm positive that you and Remastersys will be missed.

I'm happy that I used your product and that I have the most recent release that works perfectly with Raring and Linux Mint 14! Thank You
    HP | Intel iCore 7 3.2Ghz | 12 Gb mem | SSD Win7 | HDD Trusty | Mate 16.04
    Dell laptop | Intel iCore 3 2.1Ghz | 4 Gb mem | MATE 16.04 + Win 7
    Regards, Pete

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I will make final update packages with some recent fixes and provide them as a direct download from my website in the next few days. After that, Robert Dohnert's fork of remastersys should be used as I will be passing on my sources to him and will be available from http://system-imaging.blogspot.ca/

Beans

sad!!
    Thank you!!
    latest production, thanks Remastersys!!
    http://gobangos.wordpress.com/

Beans

We have provided the packages for Remastersys 3.0.4-2 on the System Imager website. These are provided as a convenience for those of you that need them now. As soon as we get the source files and final debs from Fragadelic we are very much anticipating getting started to work on the new versions. We look forward to serving you guys and i thank you all for your ongoing support.

http://system-imaging.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast