Thread: Amd HD 7670 driver

Beans

Amd HD 7670 driver

Hello everyone. First please excuse my english if I make some mistakes. I am new to ubuntu, so far i had some problems but i kept fixing them but one problem i simply cannot find any solution.
    My system is a Toshiba Satellite L855-149, I7,Amd HD 7670, 4 GB Ram. I use ubuntu 12.10 , 64 bits.

First time, i was able to install the driver for my video card using this commands:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install linux-source
    sudo sh ./amd-driver-installer-catalyst-13.1-linux-x86.x86_64.run
    But, after that the system made an Update, and everything crashed, i believe it was because of Kernel. I reinstalled the system, and now with the same command i cannot install the driver, it gives me this error:
    Check if system has the tools required for installation. fglrx installation requires that the system have kernel headers. /lib/modules/3.5.0-27-generic/build/include/linux/version.h cannot be found on this system.
    Another thing is that my system overheats very very fast, and all 8 CPUS are 30-40% used , thing that never happend before.

Please help me and tell me what to do.
    Thank you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Amd HD 7670 driver

First we install kernel header

Code:
    sudo apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r)
    Then try reinstalling the driver. Does it still shows the same error as before?
    Last edited by wickedpuppy; April 11th, 2013 at 04:09 PM.
    Loco Team Contact
    Launchpad : https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-sg-team
    Loco Website : http://ubuntu.sg

Beans
    Hidden!

Double check that you have the linux-headers-3.5.0-27 and linux-headers-3.5.0-27-generic installed.

They seem not to be installed by default when the new kernel is installed or updated.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 12.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo

Beans

I installed the kernel header, then the driver and everything worked.

The problem with the overheating maybe now will vanish, at least that's what i hope.

Thank you very much.