Thread: hello, My Deleted File size added to my hard drive size

Beans

Question hello, My Deleted File size added to my hard drive size

So here is my problem, I deleted a files which has 500Mb+ and after i deleted it ive noticed that the 500Mb files ive deleted was Added to my HardDrive or C drive,. Thanks for the Response , now i want to Delete it safely and full
    Last edited by howefield; January 6th, 2013 at 09:17 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: hello, My Deleted File size added to my hard drive size

Quote Originally Posted by protocore View Post
    So here is my problem, I deleted a files which has 500Mb+ and after i deleted it ive noticed that the 500Mb files ive deleted was Added to my HardDrive or C drive,. Thanks for the Response , now i want to Delete it safely and full
    I don't know if u did that in windows but in Ubuntu to me it normally happen when I delete something while running as root but if I am a normal user I just empty thrash
    Monitor: LG flatron w1954s 22", mobo: G31-m7 series, CPU: Intel LGA 775 Intel core duo 2 2,66GHZ, RAM: 3GB, GPU: ATI Radeom HD 2400, Storage: 500GB SATA and 80GB IDE, Windows 7 ultimate and Ubuntu

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by elliotn View Post
    I don't know if u did that in windows but in Ubuntu to me it normally happen when I delete something while running as root but if I am a normal user I just empty thrash
    thanks for the response bro, im using backtrack btw, and i dont know whats happening. thank you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Moved to Other OS/Distro Talk

Beans

Sorry and thanks for that drank, does anyone can help me here? cuz im planning to backup mine with remastersys and i have to have 4GB :/ thanks.

Beans

Just thinking out aloud here and I'm fairly new to Linux and looking at it with a Windows head on but it sounds like when you deleted the files they went to your Trash (Recycle Bin) which is stored on your (C) hard drive and have not been fully removed from you system. You'll need to empty the trash to claim the space back.

Hope it helped