Thread: Can not set Paths in LibreOffice

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Can not set Paths in LibreOffice

Hi,

I have recently installed Ubuntu 12.10, and am using LibreOffice 3.6.2.2, and I am trying to attempt to set particular paths in LibreOffice, more specifically:

the Directory Path to my Templates,
    (Tools->Options->LibreOffice->Paths)

and also the paths for trusted Sources for Macros (Tools->Options->LibreOffice->Security->Macro Security->Trusted Sources.

Neither of which appear to work. They don't set the selected path, but merely my home directory.

Can anyone else replicate this behaviour and offer a workaround.
    'I am writing to you, knowing that you will do even more than I ask.'

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Can not set Paths in LibreOffice

I had this the other day - apparently there is a bug in libreoffice, not 12.10. I found this on google - https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1209114. I did not follow this exactly - I remember deleting everything libreoffice' via Synaptic and then reinstalling just Writter and Calc. With just these two installed you can set the path (it works!) and then reinstall the rest.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

That is strange! in my 12.04 it is working. Its only in the later versions of 'libreoffice-gnome' package that I was faced with this issue.

@Onesimus:- Try removing the package 'libreoffice-gnome' using Synaptic and reset the default save path. If it works then reinstall the above package.
    "Evolution is Nature's way of issuing upgrades."

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by fantab View Post
    That is strange! in my 12.04 it is working. Its only in the later versions of 'libreoffice-gnome' package that I was faced with this issue.

@Onesimus:- Try removing the package 'libreoffice-gnome' using Synaptic and reset the default save path. If it works then reinstall the above package.
    @fantab
    I tried your suggestion, but it makes no difference.

@Quarkrad
    I have stopped short of totally removing libreoffice, and re-installing it writer and calc - changing the paths. Then re-installing the rest, only to have a system that produces the same bug.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Onesimus View Post
    @fantab
    I tried your suggestion, but it makes no difference.

@Quarkrad
    I have stopped short of totally removing libreoffice, and re-installing it writer and calc - changing the paths. Then re-installing the rest, only to have a system that produces the same bug.
    Okay, I just noticed... My bad...
    You have to also remove libreoffice from /home/USER/.config/libreoffice delete the folder... it stores your user customizations and deleting this will remove the earlier set defaults.

Remove ~/.config/libreoffice and remove libreoffice-gnome... set your default path and reinstall libreoffice-gnome. It should work.

Edit: If you want to reset the path again then you may have to repeat the workaround... the bug isn't fixed yet.
    Last edited by fantab; January 6th, 2013 at 06:31 PM.
    "Evolution is Nature's way of issuing upgrades."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

I've just re done everything and can confirm the last post. You must remove libreoffice-gnome and ~/.config/libreoffice first. Reset the path to where you want and then reinstall these two files. I have a step by step process of what I did but the last post explains.

Beans
    Distro

Thanks for all the suggestions (unfortunately, none of them fixed my issue).

I have now decided to downgrade from 12.10 to 12.04.

It wasn't just this issue, but I have had display issues with 12.10 every 5 minutes requiring me to logout and log back in again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06