Thread: audacious, jack and qjackctl

Beans

Question audacious, jack and qjackctl

I use audacious to play music at my parties. Recently my EMU 0404 died, so I am trying to switch over to an Echo Audiofire 2 I have sitting around.

The configuration I am trying to achieve is

Audacious --> Jamin --> Audiofire channels 1 and 2

I wasn't using Jamin before, but having a multiband compressor and a limiter would help me a lot. Also, I'd like to use the headphone output to preselect tracks, so I need to just use 2 channels on the Audiofire for Audacious.

I actually have this configuration working, using the audacious jack output plugin. My issue is that on every song change, audacious disconnects from Jamin. Then depending on how I set the port_connection_mode parameter in the audacious config file to, it connects promiscuously to all the physical output ports (CONNECT_ALL, the default), or just 2 ports (CONNECT_OUTPUT), or none at all (CONNECT_NONE).

I understand that the qjackctl patchbay widget is supposed to make connections persistent, but for some reason when audacious starts a new track, it does not reconnect audacious to Jamin as I would expect.

What am I doing wrong here?
    Last edited by ceverett; January 6th, 2013 at 09:27 AM. Reason: formatting, removing something pasted in, additional text

Re: audacious, jack and qjackctl

Hi. So sorry, but the only suggestion I can make is to have a look at Mixxx, probably the most comfortable program to use with jack at parties. http://mixxx.org/
    Last edited by CrocoDuck; January 6th, 2013 at 08:42 PM.