MS word crashing using playonlinux
I've installed MS word (2007) on Ubuntu (64) 12.04. MS Word runs fine, but I'm currently working on a document which refuses to open though I can open the same document in my window OS which is running parallel to Ubuntu.
The error states there was (or has been) a 'serious error' from the previous time the file was opened. I tried repairing the file with both systems but it doesn't seem to run, I open the file MS Word crashes (or wine crashes, which shuts down MS Word-according to another error statement) and creates endless ghost files (one for every crash) but non can be opened. Can you help?
Also, I'm not sure if this is connected to the problem, but I can't run equation editor with the Ubuntu playonlinux Word either (period). Though I can run equation editor without a problem using windows os. My current 'Word' file I'm working on contains equations!
Also I've had some feed back on this problem already, suggesting that I should install 'Endnote X4' to fix the problem. A few things with that;
- Will that fix the problem?
- where can I get a free-download?
- which exact download to get?
- and how do I install it?
- Can 'Zim Wiki' do the same job as a free alternative (file name: Zim-setup-0.58_2012-12-26.exe) ?
- Also I've downloaded 'EndNoteweb.exe' if this is the correct plug/add-in, how can I install it through wine or playonlinux (on Ubuntu to run MS Word)?
I'm only after one solution; that is to run my MS Word document through playonlinux. So I'm open to any comments you might have.
Re: MS word crashing using playonlinux
1. .docx, I presume?
Originally Posted by psyclone
See what luck you have opening it in LibreOffice; you might also try saving it as Office 97-2003 .doc and test whether that works better in Word/Wine or LO.
2. Endnote X4 (commercial, ~$70 with student discounts IIRC) is not Endnote Web. But I doubt that's the issue, since that is related to bibliographies, not equations. Zim Wiki is unrelated.
Tags for this Thread