Thread: 12.04.1 Wireless NOT WORKING

Beans

Question 12.04.1 Wireless NOT WORKING

Im running ubuntu 12.04.1 on my HP Pavillion dv9000. The wireless internet is not working what so ever. When I open the wireless thing at the top no wireless networks pop up but it does give me a couple options. Connect to a hidden wireless network, create new wireless network. I have tried both of these and it attempts to connect but does not complete. please help. Honestly I HATE Ubuntu and I am trying to get back on Windows but havent been able to pick up a disc so I need the wireless working while I have to deal with this crappy operating system.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: 12.04.1 Wireless NOT WORKING

Quote Originally Posted by MONSTA KAWI 125 View Post
    Im running ubuntu 12.04.1 on my HP Pavillion dv9000. The wireless internet is not working what so ever. When I open the wireless thing at the top no wireless networks pop up but it does give me a couple options. Connect to a hidden wireless network, create new wireless network. I have tried both of these and it attempts to connect but does not complete. please help.
    Hi MONSTA KAWI 125,
    Is your wired network connection working?

I think your system doesn't have the proper drivers. Please post the output of the following commands
    Code:
    sudo lshw -C network
    lspci | egrep Network
    Quote Originally Posted by MONSTA KAWI 125 View Post
    Honestly I HATE Ubuntu and I am trying to get back on Windows but havent been able to pick up a disc so I need the wireless working while I have to deal with this crappy operating system.
    Remember no OS is crappy, each has its own flavour. We prefer OS based on the level of comfort. Judging an OS based on one problem is too harsh. Linux is superb but it takes a bit to get used to it but even Windows has many limitations.

Regards
    Abhinav

iMac71 is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans

Re: 12.04.1 Wireless NOT WORKING

If you have a live CD or a live DVD or an ISO image burned on an USB stick, boot from it and verify, when the desktop is loaded, if additional drivers are available; if so, your wireless card is recognized by Ubuntu.