Thread: qbittorrent error notification

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

qbittorrent error notification

Dear all

I have a problem with qbittorrent. Actually it works great. But sometimes, when I select some files from a torrent for download and other I select not, at some point qbittorrent halts the download and states that one of the files or directories, which I never wanted to download anyway is not there. So it gives me an I/O error. I don't mind that.

But what bothers me is that annoying notification field in the upper right corner of my screen, which states this error notification. It shows up, holds for a few seconds, then briefly disappears and is back there within 2 or 3 seconds. I have killed qbittorrent (even via killall). I checked ps -ax with grep, but there was no qbittorrent threat left. But this damn notification keeps coming until I log out and in again.

Can you tell me how to get rid of that stupid field when it comes up again?

Best regards

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: qbittorrent error notification

Does no one have a clue?

Beans

Ubuntu 13.04

I'm was having the same issue I think, but fixed it.

It gave yeah some sort of I/O error and then the name of the torrent plus path. I figured it gives me error because I was downloading to my slave hard drive which I didn't open up (mount?) before starting up Qbttorent. So the root of the problem I think its that you tell it to download to a "non existen" location.

I had the infinite loop popup I/O message even after opening up the slave hard drive, even after it was downloading.

Fix:

Go to the application System monitor, then the processes tab and close *************

I forgot specifically which one I closed but it was not a Qbttorent one, I think it said Infosomething. You'll see it, just try a few.

Before that the only solution was to restart ubuntu.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by eagleestar View Post
    I think it said Infosomething. You'll see it, just try a few.
    This happened to me again today. The application to kill is called notify-osd
    Once you kill it the pop up goes away.