Thread: Dell Latitude E6410 Wifi Light Constantly Blinking

Beans

Dell Latitude E6410 Wifi Light Constantly Blinking

Hello! I just recently installed Ubuntu 12.10 on my Dell Latitude E6410. I've been looking all over the forum for a solution before repeating a thread like this, so I apologize in advance but I can't seem to find a solution anywhere. As the title states, the wifi light is constantly blinking and I've got iwlwifi, could anyone possibly help me out? this light is driving my insane... I'd be eternally grateful! Thank you!

Beans

Re: Dell Latitude E6410 Wifi Light Constantly Blinking

It's normal. In Ubuntu, for most wireless chipsets the wifi light blinks whenever data is being sent or received. Makes more sense than a non-blinking light to me, so I got used to it myself, and don't want to miss it anymore.

That said, I'm sure that there will be some tweak available for disabling it, but I don't know it myself.....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Smile Re: Dell Latitude E6410 Wifi Light Constantly Blinking

Snakeops,

Is the flashy light your main concern? I mean, we can always disconnect the wires

Is your "wifi" working?

Do you have issues "connecting" to the internet?

If it is a flashy LED that bugs you, I suggest you:

A: Ignore it
    B: Re-build the computer to your special specs (Without said LED)
    C: Destroy said LED
    D: Pursue the company the creates your "computer" and ask them to create a linux-based program/app that will bypass your wifi LED light at your dismay

Beans

Re: Dell Latitude E6410 Wifi Light Constantly Blinking

I've just learned to ignore it on my E4300, but if you're up to creating and/or modifying a configuration file you may be able to fix it using these instructions:
    http://www.tomdesair.com/blog/2012/0...-led-in-linux/

Don't know how familiar you are with Ubuntu, but you will need elevated privileges to edit the file, so enter something like this in the terminal:

Code:
    $ sudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/wlan.conf