I have a Acer Aspire E1-571 and try to install Ubuntu as dual boot.
- It is not booting from the DVD. The BIOS has a boot from ATAPI CD-ROM choice, but bringing that choice to the top of the boot order menu does not allow booting from the DVD. I have turned off security boot for UEFI (option in BIOS), but still does not boot from DVD. In other words, swapping the Win8 hard drive for an empty 320Gb hard drive and inserting a LiveCD for Ubuntu into the the DVD will not boot from the DVD.
- I also tryed to boot off a USB stick. It fails as well.
- I tried also to install Ubuntu on an other (empty) partition. It works well until I have to restart: start with windows 8 or with ubuntu ("windows cannnot be startet.... is missing")
- Leaving the Win8 hard drive in the Acer and trying to install Ubuntu from wubi.exe off a DVD will result in a failed dual boot installation.
- Start with a mini CD ROM (for network installation) failed
Is there no way to install Ubuntu on a Aspire E1-571 with i3-2328M?