Thread: Politics and Religion: ambiguity or disregard?

Beans
    Hidden!

Politics and Religion: ambiguity or disregard?

Hello!

I've read through the FAQ/rules, and it clearly states that all topics regarding politics and religion is forbidden.

Politics and Religion: These two topics have caused serious problems in the past and are now forbidden topics in the forums. Please find another venue to exercise your freedom of speech on these topics.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy

Despite this rule, there's a whole project and sub-forum that is specifically aimed towards religion, namely Ubuntu Christian Edition. http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=168

I'm aghast by the idea of them being allowed to assert their ideas, while I don't have the right to criticize them. If you limit our freedom of speech, make sure it applies to everyone, because I'm wondering whether or not the rule is actually disregarded for certain groups of people, or if it's simply ambiguous.

Nevertheless - I demand that you either change the rules accordingly, or that the section is removed.

Thanks for reading. Yours sincerely, gnush.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Politics and Religion: ambiguity or disregard?

My understanding is that it's a special case where technical support questions relating to Ubuntu are OK, and like the rest of the forum, religious debates are seriously discouraged.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

This CE project has been around for longer than most of us have been members of the forum, including myself.

The idea behind the sub-forum is to allow support for the Ubuntu Christian Edition as there are packages included that we don't see in the regular Ubuntu versions.

We have staff actively monitoring the threads to make sure they don't stray from what is stipulated in the the Forum C of C.

As far as demanding we do something about it, as far as I'm concerned, we will stick to things as they are. If you disagree, I'd suggest you contact the Ubuntu Community Council to see what should be done about this matter.

community-council@lists.ubuntu.com

Beans
    Hidden!

Hello!

My demand was based on my interpretation of the rules; I wasn't aware that exceptions were made. But of course - demand may have been the wrong word, I just assumed we were all obligated to follow the rules, without any special exceptions.

For further clarification - am I allowed to have a sub-forum here for Ubuntu: Atheist Edition? Or Islam Edition? Or is it just because they've been here longer? If so, I don't really see the justification. And since I really despise the morals of Christianity, would I be allowed to have a sub-forum for a distribution that is aligned towards something else that is generally considered immoral? Racism, or Nazism, for example. What I'm trying to ask is: where do you draw the line?

If you're set on having things as they are, then by all means, I can't do anything about it, and this discussion would be pointless. I just brought this up as a suggestion or a tip, more than anything, because I don't think the rules in its current form is applied correctly.

Thank you both for your time to respond.

Beans

+1

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I think you are missing the point.

Religious discussions are not allowed in the Ubuntu Christian Edition forum or anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by gnush View Post
    And since I really despise the morals of Christianity, would I be allowed to have a sub-forum for a distribution that is aligned towards something else that is generally considered immoral? Racism, or Nazism, for example.
    That includes here.

Closed.