Thread: Gnome 3 on 12.10 issues.

Gnome 3 on 12.10 issues.

I have a few issues with Ubuntu 12.10 and Gnome 3, first is the screen saver automatically kicking in after 10 minutes regardless of disabling all powersaving/screensaver settings. I've had to resort to installing Xscreensaver and disabling that everytime I log on to get around this.

It's not such an issue with Unity or Gnome 2 but with Gnome 3 when putting my mouse to the bottom left or right corner a dock pops up, how can I disable this? I've tried installing something called "unclutter" to autohide my mouse after X amount of seconds but it doesn't work.

I'd really like to eliminate this screensaver problem and pop up dock permanently.

Any help would really be appreciated thanks.
    Last edited by Insert Cool Username Here; January 22nd, 2013 at 02:02 AM.

Re: Gnome 3 on 12.10 issues.

Does anyone know how to disable the panel/dock at the bottom of gnome 3 when you put your mouse to the bottom left or right corner?

Beans

I dislike that auto popup also.
    Code:
    sudo vim /usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/messageTray.js
    and comment out the following (around line 1519 for current gnome shell in ubuntu 12.10):
    Code:
    // pointerWatcher.addWatch(TRAY_DWELL_CHECK_INTERVAL, Lang.bind(this, this._checkTrayDwell));
    Then restart gnome-shell. You can still see the message tray using the normal activities view (via super/mouse) or via super+m.

sudo: vim: command not found

Beans

Sorry, use vi instead of vim.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

You must have installed Xscreen saver because there is none by default with gnome 3.6. Can you link the instructions ?
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors