Thread: Any activity lately?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Any activity lately?

Is anyone from Kansas active right now? I'm looking to get back in to using Linux more (my computers been in a repair depot for months and I'm just finally hopefully going to get it back or get warranty money to replace it). Anyway, if anyone is active, I'd love to become active in any meetings or projects if possible.

Just for a reference, since I've been gone, I've been using Linux for almost 3 years now. I've used Ubuntu, and most of of it variants such as Kubuntu, Lubuntu,Xubuntu, etc, Debian, Knoppix, OpenSUSE, Fedora, Crux, Dreamlinux, JoliOS, Slax, Crunchbang, Chromium OS (if that counts?), Bohdi, Mint, Puppy, DSL, TinyCore, BrowserLinux, and SELinux. Besides Linux, I've use a couple varieties of BSD, including GhostBSD and PC-BSD.

I grew up on DOS and Windows 3.1 though, graduated to Windows 95 on my brothers computer, and then on to XP. I got my first computer with Windows 7 on it, installed Ubuntu alongside that and the rest is history. I've had 3 desktops, 2 laptops, and 4 Android smartphones. I guess I have a knack for finding cheap used equipment, just like Linux has a knack for working perfectly on old hardware. Which is good, because heavens knows my parents aren't going to pay for my Linux experience, and college is taking enough money out of my hard earned savings already.

As far as programming experience goes, sadly I'm fairly limited. Although as a child I used BASIC to write games and such, I mostly focused on HTML, CSS, JS, XML, an PHP since I've got my own computers. As a graphic design major, and with my HTML experience, I can code modern looking functional websites though, so if we decide we need to put up a website of some sort for the LoCo, I'd be up for helping with that.

If anyone else out there that is active and would like to bring me in to the fold, or isn't active and would like to work with me on some sort of project (to be determined!) post back or message me please.
    @thewillweeks
    Linux User #531848 and Ubuntu User #33336
    My Personal Blog (not active)

Beans

Re: Any activity lately?

I think it would be great to get more activity. It would be great to get connected with people in my area. I know there are many Linux people -passionate- in Lawrence and topeka area, but I i have not found much around Manhattan or junction city. I had to find a part and only Lawrence had it for Linux.

I work at a school -private- and I have little to no money and I am moving to Linux to save money..sometimes I wish to talk to people in person and see what is possible. I saw there is an education Ubuntu I'd like to know more about.

I am working on a squid proxy then will need to create a file server these will connect to a windows 2008 terminal server.