Thread: Guayadeque last.fm Info Formatting

Beans

Guayadeque last.fm Info Formatting

In migrating from WinXP to Linux (Lubuntu and Bodhi), I have been looking for a music organizer that is as similar as possible to MusicBee. Guayadeque appears to be the main contender.

I enjoy using MusicBee as a music explorer, and therefore appreciate the last.fm artist bio and similar-artist information. Guayadeque offers this same feature. However, I don't see how to format the last.fm window so that the text does not run off the right edge of the window. Is there a way to control the text wrap so that it is all visible in the window? (Right now, a few words from each line are lost off the right edge of the window, even when I resize the window.)

Forgive me if the answer is trivial and obvious. I've poked around with it and just don't see it. I'm sure it's there somewhere. Maybe I'm just too tired.

Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Guayadeque last.fm Info Formatting

Beans

Thank you for taking time to respond.

I have already gone to the Guayadeque discussion site on several occasions, and have searched for an answer to my question. I was unable to find it. Perhaps I just gave up too easily. I will try again.

I am frustrated, because I would like to join that forum, but I have been unsuccessful. I fill out the on-line application and submit it, but I always get the error message: "Could not open socket." I wonder if this has something to do with my firewall. I'm very new to Linux, so I'm unsure of that, too. Right now, I have the firewall set to deny all incoming and allow all outgoing. I'll have to try allowing incoming, to see what happens.

In any case, I have been unable to join and ask my question(s) in that forum. (Yes, I have a couple of other questions I would like to ask.)

Since I could not successfully join that forum, I thought I'd ask about the formatting issue here, since this has been a great forum in helping me start learning my way around Linux.

Thanks, again, for helping.

Beans

Turned off the firewall (in Bodhi Linux) completely. Still can't register in Guayadeque forum.

Switched to WinXP machine, again no luck. Got desperate and tried Internet Explorer. That was even worse. The reCAPTCHA security check did not even appear, so I got nowhere.

I guess I'm not going to get into that discussion group.

Maybe it's time to start considering another music organizer.

My other option is to keep running MusicBee on WinXP on a dedicated machine. The problem with that approach is that I like to keep viewing the last.fm info, and Internet security will be an increasing hassle as Microsoft is dropping XP support.

Oh, well. Sure would be nice to find a MusicBee clone native to Linux. Guayadeque appears to be headed there.

Beans
    Distro

Are tyou using the svn version i will ask anonbeat about registering will let you know

Beans
    Distro

you have google+ account i register from there

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy64 View Post
    Thank you for taking time to respond.

I have already gone to the Guayadeque discussion site on several occasions, and have searched for an answer to my question. I was unable to find it. Perhaps I just gave up too easily. I will try again.

I am frustrated, because I would like to join that forum, but I have been unsuccessful. I fill out the on-line application and submit it, but I always get the error message: "Could not open socket." I wonder if this has something to do with my firewall. I'm very new to Linux, so I'm unsure of that, too. Right now, I have the firewall set to deny all incoming and allow all outgoing. I'll have to try allowing incoming, to see what happens.

In any case, I have been unable to join and ask my question(s) in that forum. (Yes, I have a couple of other questions I would like to ask.)

Since I could not successfully join that forum, I thought I'd ask about the formatting issue here, since this has been a great forum in helping me start learning my way around Linux.

Thanks, again, for helping.
    Turned ou the problem was with the server firewall. Should be fixed now and you can register on guayadeque.org without problems now.

About the last.fm information the problem I think it is a problem with wxWidgets. If you post me a picture I can see exactly what you mean.

Beans

I am grateful to Hreinsi for helping me along, and for connecting me with anonbeat. My thanks to anonbeat for making time to respond.

I did try again to join the Guayadeque discussion forum. This time, I got further along. My name (Iggy64) is now in the member list. However, when I sign in, I receive a message saying "You must confirm your email addresss. Click here to resend the confirmation email." When I click the link, I go to a page that says "BONK -- Something funky happened. Please bear with us while we iron out the kinks." This has been the case for the past couple of days. So, still no luck getting into the discussions.

I will cue up Guayadeque and get a screenshot of the last.fm text formatting issue. If I haven't gotten into the Guayadeque discussions by then, I will post it here (Ubuntu forum) in hopes you might see it.

Again, thank you for your help. And by the way, I admire the work you are doing on Guayadeque. I am a big fan of MusicBee in Windows, and I am glad to see an equally promising player here on the Linux side. Perhaps I can finally migrate completely to Linux in the near future.