Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On becoming a certified Ubuntu professional

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: On becoming a certified Ubuntu professional

Thank you mrjohn.

In that case, I'll start Linux course (which will definitely give me basic + advanced stuff, plus it covers several distros) and then attend a RedHat course.
    Follow me on Twitter or LinkedIn.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Question Re: On becoming a certified Ubuntu professional

What happened to the UCP anyway? I got mine a couple of years back through Prometric when they were already in the process of cancelling it. That is, at least through Prometric and instead offering their own certification courses. I believe they even did for a while, but I can't find anything on the interwebs about it since a year or two.

Any news on what the heck happened?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Sef View Post
    More companies use Red Hat Linux than any other distro.
    If you run Fedora, RH certification would come in handy as well as you'd be able to manage your own OS better if you run RHEL at work, and then Fedora aka. RH's testing grounds at home.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by TeamRocket1233c View Post
    If you run Fedora, RH certification would come in handy as well as you'd be able to manage your own OS better if you run RHEL at work, and then Fedora aka. RH's testing grounds at home.
    For those interested in RH certifications, that's actually pretty good advise.

What a coincidence, since a couple of days I decided to get more hands-on experience with RHEL. I grabbed Damian Tommasino's book and I'm currently working my way through the first half of the book (RHCSA stuff). He explains it pretty well (aside from the occasional misspells) and he's going through all the material step-by-step. It also helps to build the labs as described in the book and figure out yourself how to achieve all your objectives in his labs. Because that's kind of the point during the exams, to figure out all of the objectives you have to accomplish on your exam system.

Today I actually decided to install Fedora 18 on my system as my primary OS. The main reason for that was to familiarize myself more with RHEL-like systems, even when I'm not going through the book and the labs.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Resilldoux View Post
    For those interested in RH certifications, that's actually pretty good advise.

What a coincidence, since a couple of days I decided to get more hands-on experience with RHEL. I grabbed Damian Tommasino's book and I'm currently working my way through the first half of the book (RHCSA stuff). He explains it pretty well (aside from the occasional misspells) and he's going through all the material step-by-step. It also helps to build the labs as described in the book and figure out yourself how to achieve all your objectives in his labs. Because that's kind of the point during the exams, to figure out all of the objectives you have to accomplish on your exam system.

Today I actually decided to install Fedora 18 on my system as my primary OS. The main reason for that was to familiarize myself more with RHEL-like systems, even when I'm not going through the book and the labs.
    There's always CentOS.

Beans
    Distro

That's true, I use CentOS for the labs since I don't have access to RHEL.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Ok, so I'll get CentOS installed to practise RHEL labs.
    Thank you all for the support.

[quoteResilldoux]What happened to the UCP anyway?[/quote]
    I don't know, but I've never heard of those. I'm planning on making a course to get prepared for LPIC 1 and LPIC 2
    Follow me on Twitter or LinkedIn.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I'm studying for the RHCE.
    I use Centos for that, many people don't recommend using Fedora for that
    now because it's not identical to RH, location og files etc..
    Centos is identical to RH, they only remove all the logos, trademarks.
    This behavior is by design.

Beans

While Fedora is RH's testing grounds, so new features that are to go into RHEL/CentOS/Scientific/Oracle go into Fedora first.

Moose is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Is there an online Linux Professional test to take? I feel like taking it just so I can see how far I get.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12