Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Windows 8 and i like it

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Windows 8 and i like it

Browsing Rainmeter tonight and found this. LMFAO

http://hello-123456.deviantart.com/a...-3-0-201663145

Rainmeter is like conky for Windows for those that don't know.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by arkanabar View Post
    @Jay Nnib, quick questions:
    Are you also using Win8 with a touchscreen?
    Mouse/trackpad?
    Classic Shell addon?

I strongly suspect that the majority of complaints re: Win8 (and probably Gnome 3 and Unity) have to do with difficulties using mouse/keyboard in interfaces designed around touch devices. As a result, I almost automatically suspect anyone claiming they really like Win8 is using (edit: Classic Shell or) a touchscreen, which is an interface device well out of my reach.

Me, I suspect my desktop hardware is insufficient for Win7, let alone 8. And I *know* my 14 year old Hitachi C751 CRT monitor won't work well with any touch interface. I can handle Unity, but I like Madbox/#! best.
    You said exactly what I meant to say. Whether it is Metro interface or iOS interface or Unity, they are all meant for the present, touchscreen, which is probably the future and which won't remain out of reach forever, @arkanabar. To answer your question, I used touch.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by offgridguy View Post
    Since the touchscreen is integral to that market i naturally assumed that without it i would be missing the features that this OS was designed for.
    That was kind of my thought. At work we have 1 notebook that runs Windows 8, and it is tough to get used to for me, but I just discovered Classic Shell. Since the difficulty of getting to things like control panel is my major complaint, maybe I'll change my mind with that addition.

Quote Originally Posted by offgridguy View Post
    Some of my reasons, everyone has different needs and preferences and i respect that as well. Hope this helps and thanks for asking.
    The way I see it is: There is a reason so many operating systems exist. To each their own. Hope I didn't come across as 'elitist' or anti-windows 8

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferRex View Post
    That was kind of my thought. At work we have 1 notebook that runs Windows 8, and it is tough to get used to for me, but I just discovered Classic Shell. Since the difficulty of getting to things like control panel is my major complaint, maybe I'll change my mind with that addition.

The way I see it is: There is a reason so many operating systems exist. To each their own. Hope I didn't come across as 'elitist' or anti-windows 8
    Thanks for the input, LuciferRex, nothing about your comments
    seemed elitist or anti-windows to me.

Besides, i use ubuntu 12.04 myself for a lot of things and windows for others. One thing about windows, love it or hate it,
    it's here to stay.

One real plus for me is that the windows 8 touchscreen has
    gotten my wife more enthused with computers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123