Thread: Eclipse question

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Angry Eclipse question

I am using Geany for programming in C++ and C and i recently started using Eclipse again after a long pause, because i have starte learning java now, and i used one upon a time netbeans but i highly dislike it and also i like the fact that you can use the C++ and C in eclipse also

The question:

while using geany i find it very rewarding that it has a little tab called terminal with thie help of which i can give parameters to the compiler.

Is there a similar functionality in eclipse? this would make life much more easyer... and also is there a gui for vim? cause i have heard that vim has a very good intelligent suggestion.

Tanks,
    Blackmail

Beans

Re: Eclipse question

Yes, you can install GVIM from repository:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install vim-gnome
    Also Eclipse has a console in bottom of window. Here are all types of Eclipse consoles.

Good luck.

Beans
    Distro

Thanks, but from what i have seen on the site, and all i could do is see different types of data on thise consoles, but i did not see a place where i could actually imput something like in geany where i have access to the terminal from the ide itself. as far as vim goes i am still testing it, cause i would need something like code sugestion and also a simple way to compile it or to have full control over the compilation options if needed fast and easy, just what i dislike is that geany doesn't have such a well polished ide and also when starting out a language just as i am with java right now it helps a lot.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Beans
    Distro

thank you so much this is what i was looking for, now i can fall in love with eclipse, until i will get better at remembering the keywords