Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu phone OS

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Ubuntu phone OS

Here is an article in Forbes that identifies why Ubuntu phone OS is so revolutionary in very simple terms. http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworst...-of-my-dreams/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    Instead of calling it a pipe dream or unattainable you could help make it happen, not everything in life is simply handed out, some things require some effort.
    No FUD involved. Well, perhaps some fear of uncertainty if it will be as successful as I hope it will be. Out side of this forum, I am getting the word out about this amazing concept via Twitter, G+, FaceBook, email and forums, trying to get other excited about it and to convince hardware vendors and carriers to pick it up as the last three carriers Ive had have a hard time getting decent stuff and I think this would destroy the competition on T-Mobile and regional markets.

Sometimes I think written communication is lacking quite often. I was trying to convey the thought that despite the LONG road a head, and the fact that at this moment, it IS unattainable as in I cannot download code at this second, that I want this to come to frustration.

Once I can get my hands on it, I will wipe my phone and load it so I can show it off to as many people as I can, again so that we can get some decent handsets with it.

BUT until then, and I think this is what made people over react with the way I started off, I will be a bit sad/uncertain...until i can get my hands on it.
    I sort of thought that was how it was going to be perceived on a forum dedicated to believers in Ubuntu...

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy Landau View Post
    Europeans find the American mobile plans weird.
    Americans find American mobile plans weird.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. C View Post
    Here is an article in Forbes that identifies why Ubuntu phone OS is so revolutionary in very simple terms. http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworst...-of-my-dreams/
    That sounds great!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    then don't use the ubuntu products, they are not compulsory, but don't spread FUD about them on these Forums.

We will not let this turn into a repeat of the endless moaning that we experienced with Unity, the buttons change etc etc etc
    I don't see it as "FUD". It's an expression of his opinion.
    The moaning about unity was tiresome when it infiltrated threads not specifically about unity.
    Is this not a thread to discuss the Ubuntu phone OS?
    Please moderate and not dictate.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by stinkeye View Post
    The moaning about unity was tiresome when it infiltrated threads not specifically about unity.
    Funny you should say that.

Because moaning about what you are moaning about has nothing to do with the thread.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Could we please get this thread back on topic, if not, you all know what will happen.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by nothingspecial View Post
    Funny you should say that.

Because moaning about what you are moaning about has nothing to do with the thread.
    Ditto.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by stinkeye View Post
    I don't see it as "FUD". It's an expression of his opinion.
    Is this not a thread to discuss the Ubuntu phone OS?
    Please moderate and not dictate.
    I agree with stinkeye.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. C View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but would this be the first phone that this can be done with? The idea of of being able to "boot the desktop variant of Ubuntu when docked to a keyboard, mouse and monitor" sounds really good to me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

If the stars align and they get a few Ubuntu phones out by 14.04, I'll strongly consider getting one.
    Of course the alignment of the stars would be a local carrier, which I don't hate using, having one, among other smaller factors.

I like Ubuntu, and don't mind showing my support.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Can't wait to see how it plays out. Very exciting. I probably wouldn't be able to afford something like this anytime soon (or, I might not be willing to dish out whatever it costs), but 5 years down the road, who knows?

Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast