Thread: Compiz Displays Blue Overlay when Trying to Use ScreenShot Feature - MATE DE -

Beans

Question Compiz Displays Blue Overlay when Trying to Use ScreenShot Feature - MATE DE -

I've seen others have this problem. I mainly need help applying this Patch:
    https://launchpadlibrarian.net/99683...tint-fix.patch

What happens is when I try to take a Screenshot using Compiz it creates a Blue Overlay in the "Rectangle Area" to be taken. So you can't see what is selected to be captured.

It seems half the time the Screenshot Feature actually works despite the "Blue Overlay" and you can see the "SS" upon being opened. The other half the time it just shows up as Transparent Blank Space.

Can anyone help me apply the Patch? I've seen others have this Problem and no Tutorial how to Install the Patch! I've tried figuring it out to no avail. Any input would be appreciated.

My System:
    LinuxMint 14 (nadia) -
    Gnome 3.6.0 OR MATE DE -
    Kernel: 3.5.0-17-generic

Beans

Re: Compiz Displays Blue Overlay when Trying to Use ScreenShot Feature - MATE DE -

Please try to disable "Framebuffer object" in the OpenGL Plugin and retry making screenshots.

Taken from here:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...75/comments/67

Beans

Talking Re: Compiz Displays Blue Overlay when Trying to Use ScreenShot Feature - MATE DE -

Thanks for the Reply man. Got the issue solved. Found my New OS of choice: Linux Mint Debian Edition and got all quirks out and it all upgraded. Like it every more than my PinGuyOS systems I using before. Everything works perfect. Very stable, mature and compiz works great! Problem SOLVED!