Thread: Ubuntu 12.04 lts Hp touchpad keyboard problem

Beans

Ubuntu 12.04 lts Hp touchpad keyboard problem

hi all. how to use keyboard or mouse usb for hp TP? i cant using hub usb.
    can any body for help me?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Ubuntu 12.04 lts Hp touchpad keyboard problem

Are the USB ports enabled in the BIOS?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Some more information is needed man. What version/distro are you running? Have you tried plugging them in and seeing if they work? I know that 11.10 and up has issues with mouse and keyboards via usa, but it could be a BUNCH of different things.

Edit: My bad didnt see in your title that you were running the latest lts.

Typically it is a simple fix for this. I was able to create this error on 12.04 32-bit Where my mouse was not functioning. Keyboard i am unable to imitate.

Terminal it up
    Code:
    xev
    This will show you if your key strokes and mouse movements are being detected. If not try this.
    Code:
    xinput
    For me returned this
    Code:
    elliott@elliott-desktop:~$ xinput
    ⎡ Virtual core pointer                        id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
    ⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                  id=4    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ Mad Catz Mad Catz R.A.T.7 Mouse             id=8    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎣ Virtual core keyboard                       id=3    [master keyboard (2)]
        ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard                 id=5    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Power Button                                id=6    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Power Button                                id=7    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ G19 Gaming Keyboard                         id=9    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ G19 Gaming Keyboard                         id=10    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard                id=11    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    seeing that you can restart things from here.
    example. To fix the mouse not working at all or onlyin being able to move and not click (left or right) i input
    Code:
    xinput reattach 8 2
    where the first number is the device youd like to re attached and the second number is the master selection.
    Hope i helped
    Last edited by 1337_snic; January 11th, 2013 at 08:58 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by 1337_snic View Post
    Some more information is needed man. What version/distro are you running? Have you tried plugging them in and seeing if they work? I know that 11.10 and up has issues with mouse and keyboards via usa, but it could be a BUNCH of different things.
    thanks. but i want to use external keyboard on hp tablet toucpad with hub USB