Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Cut back on GMO wheat to get healthier

Beans

Re: Cut back on GMO wheat to get healthier

Quote Originally Posted by sdowney717 View Post
    yes very true just cut back AS I suggested in the title.
    You can not eat a NON GMO wheat today, it is all GMO wheat that you eat.

Can you imagine if the author's allegations were proven true what it would do to the agri industrial complex? This would be like saying cell phones cause brain cancer. Things like this are things no one wants to open the door and publicly admit any veracity. So go by common sense. Cut back on what they say are 'HEALTHY GRAINS' and then get healthier. Eat like the caveman diet, more meat, more fat, more butter, more eggs, less grains, less sugar, less processed food.

Grain fed beef and poultry, well they do that to fatten them up for slaughter.
    Eat like a caveman and die at 20
    This account is not active.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by forrestcupp View Post
    Exactly. It's the cultural and environmental differences, which is what I was pointing out earlier. As much as I love my country, we're a bunch of lazy apples here. We'll drive to the post office two blocks away, and then drive back to the fitness center a block from our houses to walk on a treadmill in some dark room with a TV in front of us.
    Sooo true..
    Mac Mini: OSX 10.9 Mavericks, i7-3720QM 2.6Ghz, 16GB RAM, 1.25TB Fusion Array, Intel HD4000 iGPU
    Photo Blog on Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/ExodistPhotoBlog
    Linux User: 380654

Beans
    Hidden!

HaHa, the idea is gaining traction!

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/0...eed-it-or-not/

Eat no wheat.

That is the core, draconian commandment of a gluten-free diet, a prohibition that excises wide swaths of American cuisine — cupcakes, pizza, bread and macaroni and cheese, to name a few things.

For the approximately one-in-a-hundred Americans who have a serious condition called celiac disease, that is an indisputably wise medical directive.

One woman’s story of going gluten-free.

Now medical experts largely agree that there is a condition related to gluten other than celiac. In 2011 a panel of celiac experts convened in Oslo and settled on a medical term for this malady: non-celiac gluten sensitivity.
    and

Dr. O’Bryan has given himself a diagnosis of gluten sensitivity. “I had these blood sugar abnormalities and didn’t have a handle where they were coming from,” he said. He said a blood test showed gliadin antibodies, and he started avoiding gluten. “It took me a number of years to get completely gluten-free,” he said. “I’d still have a piece of pie once in a while. And I’d notice afterwards that I didn’t feel as good the next day or for two days. Subtle, nothing major, but I’d notice that.”
    I have cut significantly back on of wheat and have noticed this also. Perhaps due to chronic low level inflammation of eating wheat, you get used to the blah feeling.

Beans

When talking of eating wheat it is also worth mentioning how it has been processed. Is it whole grain, white, brown or malted? That is also a factor as the presence of husk, soluble fiber, and wheat germ, a highly nutritious food, could easily be as important as whether the crop was gmo or not when determining it's food value.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516