Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Windows 8, and people moaned about Unity

Beans

Re: Windows 8, and people moaned about Unity

Quote Originally Posted by mips View Post
    Making Win8 behave in a conventional Win7/XP way is way easier than modifying Unity to act like Gnome2.
    If you want to compare apples and oranges, finding another Linux distro that behaves how I want it to is easier than finding another Windows distro.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lykwydchykyn View Post
    If you want to compare apples and oranges, finding another Linux distro that behaves how I want it to is easier than finding another Windows distro.
    True words

Beans

The three major things going against windows 8 is:

1: Not everyone having touchscreens, and navigating with the mouse is horrible.
    2: Its forcing the same UI for all devices, while it may work on mobile phones my desktop computer is neither mobile or a phone.
    3: It really brings nothing new to the table except for a new UI, really I dont think windows 7 will go away anytime soon and will see a lifespan expansion like XP did.

As for installing classic shell in windows 8, pointless as windows 7 is still viable and will be for some time

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by MadmanRB View Post
    The three major things going against windows 8 is:

1: Not everyone having touchscreens, and navigating with the mouse is horrible.
    True, but on laptops with trackpads, doing a 2-finger swipe is pretty darn easy. I'm not saying it is as good as a touchscreen, or is what I want but it is usable from my limited testing.
    Friends don't let friends wear a red shirt on landing-party duty.
    DACS | Connecticut LoCo Team | My Blog
    Ubuntu User# : 17583, Linux User# : 477531

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

For Desktop users: Does an Apple magic trackpad work in Windows? Hmm...somewhat curious now; probably would be cheaper than replacing my existing monitor setup.
    Last edited by KiwiNZ; January 3rd, 2013 at 07:47 PM. Reason: it is called Windows

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123