Thread: No wireless on my HP Mini 1101!

Beans

No wireless on my HP Mini 1101!

Hi guys. I'v always been interested in Linux so I decided to go with Ubuntu. However after I installed it as the sole operating system on my HP Mini 1101 netbook I've been unable to connect to my wifi, I'm unable to see any networks. I've been looking at the settings and I haven't seen any options concerning connecting to a wireless network. Please help, I'm a total newbie to Linux and I don't want to go back to windows because of this. Someone please help me, I will greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

squakie is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: No wireless on my HP Mini 1101!

Hold down the ctrl and alt keys and press F1 to get to a terminal. Please type lspci and press enter. Look for the network adapters, copy those lines and post them back here. We need this to know the chipset your wireless is using so we can find out how to get the driver for you.

iMac71 is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans

did you have selected the "third party software" option during installation? If not, you could have missed the necessary driver.

Beans

@ squakie;
    Network Controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-PHY (REV 01)

@ iMac71, yes I did choose the "third party software" option during installation.

thanks guys, awaiting your response!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Hi,

installing the broadcom-sta driver should do the trick.
    - Justin Reno
    Need an easy way to store files publicly or even privately without hassle over the internet to be accessed anywhere? Try Dropbox. Use this link to get an extra 250MB of storage!

iMac71 is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans

your network controller is supported (see hare: http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/b43 ); if you can temporarily use an internet wired connection, you can type in a terminal window:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install firmware-b43-installer

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I had success here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2098998&page=2 getting my wireless working on a Toshiba NB305.