Thread: Youtube videos show Cuttings in Chrome, a Transparent Grid Overlay Artifact

Beans

Angry Youtube videos show Cuttings in Chrome, a Transparent Grid Overlay Artifact

Hi,

All the videos in YouTube have artifacts displaying. It's like a transparent grid overlayed on the original video, cutting multiple lines horizontally and vertically in my playback.

Here's and example screenshot.
    Watch carefully at the top left (your point of view) corner of the parachute. Or it's visible on the whole top-side of the parachute. Even in the GoPro writing, the Be a HERO writing, the guy's jacket, his right knee (his point of view) and his left ski.
    And it's not only the video, see the text? See the play triangle button?

This problem appears both in HD videos and low quality ones.
    This problem does not appear in videos played NOT it YouTube. Videos played in VLC for example, TV series, HD movies are displaying fine.
    This problem does not appear in Mozilla Firefox when watching YouTube.

Halp!

Specs:
    • graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 6300M Series
    • browser: Google Chrome 29.0.1547.76
    • screen resolution: 1366x768

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Youtube videos show Cuttings in Chrome, a Transparent Grid Overlay Artifact

I am not sure the artifacts you mention are showing on my system; it all looks OK to me and there is no obvious grid of any kind that I can see. Could it be your monitor or some other graphics glitch?
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 14.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo