Thread: Calling on Desura Users

Beans
    Hidden!

Calling on Desura Users

I've just downloaded Desura and along with it Xonotic. With just one minor hiccup I was able to get every thing playing great. However, I read that Desura can search for any supported pre-installed games I have, but I haven't seen anything saying how to get it to search and add them. Anyone know how to do this? Or is this not supported in Linux?

Also, in which file/s does Desura actually save downloaded games? I would like the option of having the downloaded games also show up in Unity as well.

I'm running Ubuntu12.04 (hence Unity) if that makes any difference.

Update:
    To answer my own second question: I came across the "common" sub-folder in the "desura" folder where games are downloaded.
    Last edited by Petro Dawg; January 1st, 2013 at 01:51 AM.
    Who's Awesome? You're Awesome.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Calling on Desura Users

Adding a game is a bit obscure, and only came to me when I stumbled across it. Next to your avatar in the top left of the Desura client you see the Desura icon in a blue strip. Click on that, and go down to "Tools." Click on either option and it takes you to a screen where you can either A) activate a CD key or B) just add the link to your game. However, all it's doing is making it easy for you to launch said game from your Desura client, it doesn't do anything extra (you could even just launch non-games...).

EDIT: btw, You can add me as a friend on Desura if you want, my name is also rudeboyskunk. However, I'm not on Desura much these days since Steam came out.
    Linux Gamer.
    Steam: rudeboyskunk
    Desura: rudeboyskunk
    Add me as a friend. Kill zombies/aliens/nazis with me. ON LINUX.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by rudeboyskunk View Post
    Adding a game is a bit obscure, and only came to me when I stumbled across it. Next to your avatar in the top left of the Desura client you see the Desura icon in a blue strip. Click on that, and go down to "Tools." Click on either option and it takes you to a screen where you can either A) activate a CD key or B) just add the link to your game. However, all it's doing is making it easy for you to launch said game from your Desura client, it doesn't do anything extra (you could even just launch non-games...).

EDIT: btw, You can add me as a friend on Desura if you want, my name is also rudeboyskunk. However, I'm not on Desura much these days since Steam came out.
    Thanks, I think I see how to do it now.

I'll try to add you if I can figure out.

Beans
    Hidden!

Update:
    Was having all kinds of problems trying to get stuff to launch from Desura, so I decided to just add Xonotic to my Dash and forget about using Desura as an archiver and launcher of games.

Beans

You should check out Desurium, it's the open source client for Desura and far more stable: https://github.com/lodle/Desurium