Thread: Raw image processing

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Raw image processing

I am looking for a good piece of software for working with RAW images. Any recomondations? I have searched google but would like some feedback from users experienced with different image software. Thanks much.
    My Launchpad
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Wiki Page

Beans

Re: Raw image processing

My favorite is RawTherapee. In my opinion, it offers the best combination of sensible defaults and ease of use, while still providing all of the advanced functionality you'd expect from a RAW converter.

The current crowd favorite seems to be Darktable, but I've never been able to wrap my head around its unconventional UI.

Beans
    Distro

Yes i tried darktable for a bit and wasnt too happy with the gui. I am currently using Rawstudio. Any thoughts on the comparisson of both pieces of software (rawtherapee vs rawstudio?)? Have you used rawstudio by any chance?
    My Launchpad
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Wiki Page

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by RedSingularity View Post
    Yes i tried darktable for a bit and wasnt too happy with the gui. I am currently using Rawstudio. Any thoughts on the comparisson of both pieces of software (rawtherapee vs rawstudio?)? Have you used rawstudio by any chance?
    I've tried Rawstudio but found the interface too complex. I enjoy photography but not post processing, so I don't like to spend an infinite amount of time trying to get the perfect conversion. I tend to start with one of RawTherapee's presets and build from there.

Beans
    Distro

Ah I see. I am going to give therapee a go then. Thanks
    My Launchpad
    My Wiki Page

Beans

hii...
    i am interest in this ubuntu forum site.
    thanks.