Thread: My Ubuntu version is wrong

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

My Ubuntu version is wrong

I read the forums a ton, but I don't post for myself very often (usually my question is answered somewhere on the Internet). So, I don't have enough posts to update my Ubuntu version after the 25 post User CP restrictions were put in place.

Can I be updated to Ubuntu (Actually Xubuntu, if it matters) 12.04 somehow?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: My Ubuntu version is wrong

If you don't post here much I don't see why it would matter what version your profile shows.

Assuming that you've learnt enough to keep yourself happy - I'm sure you'd be able to post here to help others - that's part of being in a community.

I've changed your profile to show as using Xubuntu, you'll not need to worry about which version then.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: My Ubuntu version is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    If you don't post here much I don't see why it would matter what version your profile shows.

Assuming that you've learnt enough to keep yourself happy - I'm sure you'd be able to post here to help others - that's part of being in a community.

I've changed your profile to show as using Xubuntu, you'll not need to worry about which version then.
    Thanks. Sure, I don't post often, but I do occasionally. I just didn't want to mislead people who might waste time providing answers for a distribution I don't use anymore (gtkpod in the repositories happens to have changed a lot since 10.04, for example).

I do contribute back to the community where I can. That doesn't happen to be in this forum very often, but I'm pretty active on Stack Exchange, and I do some programming and other work too. As much as I'd love to contribute everywhere all the time, we have to pick and choose our battles. There's only so many hours in a day

Thanks again for updating my distribution. I know you guys are busy