Thread: In my Ubuntu based Backtrack 5r3 Ethernet is not connecting. Network adapter Atheros

Beans

Unhappy In my Ubuntu based Backtrack 5r3 Ethernet is not connecting. Network adapter Atheros

My Lenovo G580 series comes with Atheros Network driver which has some problem with wired network in ubuntu based backtrack 5 r3x64.The WICD Network manager detect the wired network connection but cannot connect to it.After shown the message "Putting interface up" nothing happen only a message "not connected".
    I have tried many compact wirless driver installation seen on forums.But no luck.

My Driver Details:Atheros AR8162/8166/8168 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
    and Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter
    And i connect my modem via LAN.And its fine on Windows 7.
    Last edited by nevlabs; December 30th, 2012 at 06:16 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: In my Ubuntu based Backtrack 5r3 Ethernet is not connecting. Network adapter Athe

May I suggest that you ask this question on a Backtrack forum? Although Backtrack is based upon Ubuntu it is heavily modified to a point where it is not accepted as one of the Ubuntu flavours.

There may be security settings in Backtrack that are preventing the OS from making these connections. The users of standard Ubuntu that post on this forum would not know about Backtrack.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: In my Ubuntu based Backtrack 5r3 Ethernet is not connecting. Network adapter Athe

Thread moved to Other OS/Distro Talk.

Beans

Thanks for the suggestion, And sorry for putting the post in wrong place.