Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Instant Video

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: Amazon Instant Video

Why is this thread marked "SOLVED" when the problem clearly has not been resolved? Needless to say I'm having the same problem with the latest Firefox, Flash and Ubuntu updates and after installing HAL.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

This solution worked for me: http://askubuntu.com/questions/28629...videos-working (assumes that you have hal and hald installed)

Code:
    sudo mkdir /etc/hal/fdi/preprobe
    sudo mkdir /etc/hal/fdi/information
    /usr/sbin/hald --daemon=yes --verbose=yes
    rm -rf ~/.adobe

Beans
    Distro

BTW, I'm on Raring, not Lucid. Thanks to the Beans restriction, I cannot update my profile to indicate such.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Quote Originally Posted by topcoder View Post
    This solution worked for me: http://askubuntu.com/questions/28629...videos-working (assumes that you have hal and hald installed)

Code:
    rm -rf ~/.adobe
    That worked! Thanks much!!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by topcoder View Post

Code:
    rm -rf ~/.adobe

This worked great for me, also. I am running 13.10 on a Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q8100X with 8G ram (not that all that detail is important).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

So, I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS on a HP with AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 255 Processor × 2, with VESA: RS880 graphics. I am using Chromium: Version 25.0.1364.160 Ubuntu 12.04 (25.0.1364.160-0ubuntu0.12.04.1). I also have Firefox 21.0. Until recently (sometime in the last couple of weeks, can't remember for sure when) I was able to watch Amazon Prime videos on Chromium. I still can on Firefox. When I try to use Chromium, I get a black screen; no error, no crash, just a black screen. I read somewhere it has to do with DRM, but can't find a new fix.

When I set up Chromium originally, several months ago when I first installed Ubuntu on my computer, I searched the forums and web and found out how to set it up and get it working. Now, I'm not finding anything new to help me out. I remember I tried out all three (FF, Chromium and Chrome), and chose Chromium as my default. I can't remember, now, why I chose Chromium over Chrome, but there musta' been a good reason, so I'd rather stick with Chromium.

Like I said, I can still use FF, but I'd rather use Chromium (plus, it just bugs me that I can use one browser and not another. )

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Al

Edit: oh, also, this affects playing music from Google Play. I can no longer play my music. I do get a message saying that I should refresh or update flash player. But again, I can still play it from Firefox.
    Last edited by alfick3; June 22nd, 2013 at 07:10 PM. Reason: add additional info

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Bump, Any one have any ideas?

Beans
    Distro

Hi All:

I have found the following answer to my problem--I can't watch Amazon Instant Videos with Firefox 22.0 on ubuntu 13.04. It is to run the following commands in a terminal.

rm -rf ~/.adobe

Seems like lots of folks have used these and they work. I'm ready to do the same, but it's just that...well...I'd like to know what exactly it is that I am doing. I'd like to ask the following:

1) Am I correct in thinking that each line is a command to be entered in the terminal, followed by the enter key and my password?
    2) What does each command do? Even a broad outline would make me feel better about entering what are--to me--unintelligible lines of code into my terminal.

I appreciate all the help I've received here. If anybody has anything for me on this, thanks again!

Beans

The fix just worked for me. I had to preceed it with
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install hal
    The first mkdir lines did nothing, the files already existed. The next two must have fixed it for me.

Beans

Me too. Installing just hal did not.

I'm on Ubuntu 13.04 64-bit. Chrome browser.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast