Thread: installing Qucs on 12.10

Beans

Question libqt3 issue: installing Qucs on 12.10

I am trying to install Qucs on ubuntu 12.10 but I can't due to the missing libqt3. Qucs is not available via the software center and I've downloaded the source code. I've managed to install a couple of dependencies but now ./configure fails at

checking for shmat... yes
    checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... no
    checking for Qt headers... found in /usr/include/qt3
    checking for Qt... 3 (multi-threaded)
    checking for Qt library... configure: error: not found

Any idea how to proceed from this point on?

Thanks
    Last edited by ariskk; December 29th, 2012 at 10:21 PM.

Re: libqt3 issue: installing Qucs on 12.10

Quote Originally Posted by ariskk View Post
    I am trying to install Qucs on ubuntu 12.10 but I can't due to the missing libqt3. Qucs is not available via the software center and I've downloaded the source code. I've managed to install a couple of dependencies but now ./configure fails at

checking for shmat... yes
    checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... no
    checking for Qt headers... found in /usr/include/qt3
    checking for Qt... 3 (multi-threaded)
    checking for Qt library... configure: error: not found

Any idea how to proceed from this point on?

Thanks
    I had the same issue. You are not using the mt libs. ( multithreaded ) See my note page here: http://www.amarketplaceofideas.com/d...cs-build-notes

Problem: After building the Qt library the ./Configure choked at the point it was supposed to find the library. This must have been because of it being the non threading library because of this:
    Though the QTDIR environment variable is setup correctly, it may happen that the configure script cannot find the Qt® libraries because it is initially looking for the threaded libraries (the libqt-mt.so link). If you have installed the non-threaded library (the libqt.so link) configure fails. This can be worked around by

$ ./configure --disable-mt

AND THIS WORKED