Thread: Diablo 2 LOD

Beans

Diablo 2 LOD

Just installed D2 (on ubuntu 12.10 32bit) from blizzard download and it works ok, updated patch and will log in.
    The display is messed up in that when I go full screen I get two half screens offset, I am sure that can be fixed if I ever find the settings.
    Right now I am set to run in xp mode.
    The main problem for the moment comes in when I try to install the expansion pack with the blizzard download, it can not find the d2 installation. Most likely because it is looking in the virtual drives and it is actually located in /home/user/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/diabloII which I cannot find, mostly because I cannot figure out how to display folders beginning with a "." .

Any ideas?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Diablo 2 LOD

First thing to check is that you have the latest PlayonLinux.

To answer your question of how to see hidden folders you either press ctrl + h or you can go into view and then click hidden folders.

Beans

Re: Diablo 2 LOD

Thanks for the info, and it looks like I am starting off from scratch again. Downloaded Star Wars for my son and the whole system got slow and buggy, then refused to boot at all.
    Wiped the drive clean and fresh install.
    I started this journey out trying to use gamedrift and / or Ultimate Edition Gamers, but, while they run quick and smooth neither of those have the lan drivers for my board.
    Thinking there should be a way to upgrade the kernel and get the drivers in one of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Gadgetguy96 View Post
    First thing to check is that you have the latest PlayonLinux.

To answer your question of how to see hidden folders you either press ctrl + h or you can go into view and then click hidden folders.