Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu's Top-Secret New Product

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Ubuntu's Top-Secret New Product

I would hope for either tablet or phone.
    I like the idea of a tablet that can properly multi-task - although an iPad user I could easily live without it - as it is a limited device (for me). As for a phone, I think there would be benefits in an alternative to Apple/Android. I don't see Windows Phone filling that role anytime soon and there'd be merit in a decent Linux phone alternative.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

It's going to be a whim wham for grinding smoke.

Whatever it will be I am sure that we'll have to put up with thread after thread of it being completely wrong for everyone.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    From small acorns mighty Oaks grow.
    But if you put too many acorns in the soil to be able to tend to them, many will whither and die.

Beans
    Hidden!

What ever it is, I hope it is tangible and available.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by not found View Post
    What ever it is, I hope it is tangible and available.

+ 1

I agree absolutely
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

This story may be a clue.
    One of those frontiers is mobile computing, an area in which Canonical has already invested significantly by deploying Ubuntu on Google’s Nexus 7 tablet, the first mobile device capable of running a traditional desktop Linux distribution. Shuttleworth didn’t mention any specific new hardware devices that Canonical will target, but he did promise that “2013 will be all about mobile – bringing Ubuntu to phones and tablets.” To do that, he said, Canonical will include more mobile developers in the Ubuntu ecosystem while also further tailoring the Unity interface to work well on mobile hardware.

http://www.thevarguy.com/2012/12/26/...obile-in-2013/

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by Statia View Post
    But if you put too many acorns in the soil to be able to tend to them, many will whither and die.
    True, the vast majority of acorns do not survive; however it only takes a very small minorty that do survive and become mighty oaks.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. C View Post
    True, the vast majority of acorns do not survive; however it only takes a very small minorty that do survive and become mighty oaks.
    True, but so far Canonical has left every single one of their projects by th side of the road. They seem to even be abandoning the desktop for an already full mobile market. In the end, I fear they might end up with a whole plot of wilted, half dead seedlings and nothing more.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by m3topaz View Post
    I would hope for either tablet or phone.
    I like the idea of a tablet that can properly multi-task - although an iPad user I could easily live without it - as it is a limited device (for me). As for a phone, I think there would be benefits in an alternative to Apple/Android. I don't see Windows Phone filling that role anytime soon and there'd be merit in a decent Linux phone alternative.
    would be cool i doubt that that canonical could compete with google and apple. heck i doubt microsoft can compete with them at this point.
    Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question" obviously never had the internet.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

The problem has always been commercial support. Money keeps the world go around. I believe that in 2012 Canonical might have a real chance as this, with Steam and all.

Still, this (and all posts so far) is just a prediction. Time will tell. Since it hasn't told me anything yet, we'll have to wait for a while.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast