I did a fresh installation of Ubuntun 12.10 (64 bit, US English) on my computer after downloading the ISO from Ubuntu.com. It comes with kernel version 18.104.22.168-generic
In order for one of my installed programs to work, I would like to downgrade the current kernel version to 22.214.171.124-generic
I surfed to packages.ubuntu.com/precise/kernel and found the following: linux-image-126.96.36.199-generic
1. The current version of my installed kernel is 32 bit or 64 bit?
2. linux-image-188.8.131.52-generic is a 32 bit or 64 bit kernel? (Please bear in mind that I installed the 64 bit edition of Ubuntu 12.10)
3. If linux-image-184.108.40.206-generic is a 32 bit kernel, where can I find the 64 bit one?
4. Is it advisable to downgrade my current kernel version to an older one?
5. Could someone provide detailed instructions as to what specific commands I must issue at the terminal window?
Thanks in advance for your help.