Thread: Nvidia Driver Resolution Bug

Beans

Nvidia Driver Resolution Bug

Hi, I am currently right now running Ubuntu 12.10 64 bit, and have been using Ubuntu for about 6 months now. However, when I try to install Nvidia drivers on Ubuntu to make the system faster, the resolution goes down from what it should be (1920x1080), and unity doesn't show up. Basically, I am trying to say that the close minimize/maximize buttons don't appear, and I don't see that top bar with my name, network and etc. The display manager won't give me the choice of my normal resolution! My desktop isn't entirely blank though because I installed Docky so when the computer boots, Docky starts up as well, but in a lower resolution so I can get to files and open the browser if I have to, but I would at least love to see the panel that starts upon boot at the left of my screen.

I have literally tried everything and have been looking at other forums to see on how to fix this issue but nothing has really helped, so I will be very glad to finally get this problem resolved and over with because it is driving me crazy.

Please reply soon,
    Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by techwing10; December 27th, 2012 at 07:42 PM.