Thread: Changing KDE minimized window size in the panel?

Beans

Changing KDE minimized window size in the panel?

I am using the latest kubuntu-desktop and wanted to know about the panel bar and modifying it. When I minimize a window, the space the minimized window takes up is very large, about 1/5 of the panel. Is it possible to shrink how large this minimized window is, in the panel? If so , how?

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: Changing KDE minimized window size in the panel?

I wouldn't know about modifying the panel's default 'task manager' applet, but I know it can be replaced with similar applets that use much less space.

For instance, you should already have installed an applet called Icon-Only Task Manager, that only displays the icon of windows opened (instead of both icons and titles like the default task manager applet).

If that is a bit too much space saving, then there is package called "plasma-widget-smooth-tasks" that can be installed to have a task manager applet with an option to expand active tasks only, and any tasks that you hover over, and shrink the rest to icon only. Smooth tasks also has an option to set the maximum size of the tasks/buttons. This is available in Ubuntu's repositories so you can find it in your package manager (muon / synaptic etc).