Thread: 12.04 IM connection problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

12.04 IM connection problem

I've tried to fix this for whole night and still no idea what has gone wrong.
    When I log to empathy then it shows I'm available just like I'm logged in, but doesn't load my contacts. Same happens with pidgin, emesene and skype.
    Also having problems to download my mail thru evolution. Thunderbird downloads mail, but showed me some alert boxes when started to download contacts (from gmail).
    Also I have the same problem with gwibber threads. I can log in to facebook, but cant see my threads, contacts, messages and so forth.

Thought it might hvae something to do with my network card. Namely because my network card doesn't have a working driver but does connect both thru wired and wireless connections. When I try to download driver it says the driver is not compatible and shuts off my wifi which I can't restore. After system reboot all works fine again. Wired connection stays as is.
    Can someone please help me? I'm quite new to Ubuntu and Linux in general but have had some experience with them and some knowledge of computer. (obviously not nearly enough).
    Last edited by LoopTown; December 27th, 2012 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Not understandable enough.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: 12.04 IM connection problem

It seems to be the problem of some protocol wich is used in Ubuntu to transfer feeds and contacts like POP3 for mail. But I can't find what protocol is same for all those programs.