Thread: Truecrypt corrupts partition under linux.

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Exclamation Truecrypt corrupts partition under linux.

Hi, I am having a very serious problem with TrueCrypt under linux, specifically Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (x64). I have an encrypted NTFS partition on an external USB harddrive and it mounts/unmounts and reads/writes just fine interchangeably between Windows and OS X.... The problem is under linux only.

Under linux, I am able to mount/unmount and read/write to the partition just fine as well but after connecting it under linux, it always corrupts the partition. Then Windows, OS X, and even if I connect it back to linux, cannot recognize it....The only workaround I have found so far is to mount it as read only under linux. This seems to stop the partition from corrupting every time, but then I am not able to write to it under linux....

Anyone had this issue before or have any ideas on how to fix it? It is clearly a major bug with the linux client of TrueCrypt....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Truecrypt corrupts partition under linux.

Is anyone else able to successfully mount an encrypted NTFS truecrypt partition under Ubuntu 12.04 x64 without it corrupting after?